DWTC FREE ZONE BUSINESS SETUP
Join The Award-Winning Community
Dubai World Trade Centre Authority (DWTC) is a Dubai free zone with no capital requirements. It provides a unique and highly desirable proposition for companies looking for an effective, competitive and well-regulated business ecosystem. DWTC is strategically located in Dubai’s central business district and close to Dubai’s financial centre hub. It is an ideal business environment for companies looking to operate locally and reach regional and global markets. The office facilities available for lease to any business type offer a prestigious commercial address in the centre of Dubai. Under the jurisdiction of Dubai World Trade Centre Authority, the free zone is near the iconic Dubai World Trade Centre.
Core Sectors: Focusing on services, events and trading.
Recommended for: Investors and companies involved with events and professional services business activities. There is a new event management free zone license that enables event organizers to deliver streamlined event participation within the region’s largest events venue complex – Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital as well as profits
- Zero income tax and corporate tax for 50 years
- No export tax
- Modern infrastructure
- Well-regulated ecosystem
- High quality flexible office space
- Prestigious location in the heart of Dubai’s central business district
- No limitations on currency and repatriation of funds
- No restriction on hiring foreign employees
- Ability to select multiple options for legal operating structures
- Stable and clear authority rules and regulations
- Proximity to world-class business events
- Professional / Service
- Events Management
- Business Operating Permits
- General Trading
- Offices shell and core
- Fitted-out and custom build offices
- Serviced offices, virtual offices and hot desks
- Retail outlets
Dubai World Trade Centre authority permits suitable structure types available for individual investors and corporate shareholders. A DWTC entity can be registered as any of the following forms:
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) – this entity has one single shareholder (can be an individual or a corporate shareholder), holding 100% of the company shares
- Free Zone Company (FZC) – this type of entity has a minimum of 2 or more shareholders (can be an individual or a corporate shareholder)
- Branch of a Foreign Company – can register a branch in DWTC free zone without any capital investment. The branch must register with the same activities as the parent company
- DWTC free zone application form
- Detailed business plan
- Passport copies of each director, shareholders, and general manager
- Copies of Emirates ID of director, shareholders, and general manager (for UAE residents)
- Profile of each shareholder (if a shareholder is an individual)
- Board resolution for establishing a company in DWTCA free zone and appointing a manager (attested by the appropriate authority)
- All other free documentation to be complete such as: onboarding and specimen forms etc.
- Applies to a corporate shareholder – certified true copy for all parent company incorporation documentation e.g. certificate of registration (attested by the appropriate authority)
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (MOA/AOA) of the parent company (attested by the appropriate authorities)
- Good standing certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of license of the parent company (if applicable)
SPEAK TO OUR EXPERTS TODAY
- Dubai World Trade Centre
- 100% Business Ownership & Capital Repatriation
- No capital requirement
- 2-4 weeks
- Tax and duty exemption
- Required annually
WHY CHOOSE DWTC
Unparalleled Access To World-Class Business Services
DWTC FREE ZONE FAQS
The cost to setup a company in DWTC free zone will vary depending on the company structure and business activity. Government fees are starting from USD $5,500 for setting up a DWTC company and this includes the company license, registration, establishment card and flexi desk space which includes 1 visa eligibility.
DWTC offers its own business facilities within the Sheikh Saeed Tower and the Exhibition Centre. DWTC also offers conventional office facilities through One Central. DWTC free zone works with other business centre operators including Regus, WeWork, and The Executive Centre (TEC).
The timeframe to setup a DWTC company includes 5-7 working days to secure the Initial Approval for the license activity. Following on, an additional 10 working days is required to secure a license from DWTC (including the signing of lease and witnessing of the shareholder documents). Furthermore, it takes an estimated 3 working days to secure the company establishment card. Once the company establishment card is issued, the company can start applying for a UAE residency visa.
Once the DWTC free zone company is setup, the DWTC company must apply for a company establishment card also known as an immigration computer card. This company establishment card registers the company with the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) which enables the company to hire staff from abroad and apply for foreign and employee visas.
After the company establishment card is issued, the company can apply for UAE residence visas. The number of visas available to the company is subject to an office size. The first part of the new employee visa or shareholder / investor visa process is to complete the visa application and apply for the employment permit.
When the employment permit is issued, the new visa applicant can travel to the UAE (applies for visa applicants outside of the UAE) or apply for change status (applies for visa applicants inside the country – UAE). A mandatory UAE medical fitness certificate and Emirates ID biometrics must be completed for the visa applicant. Once finalized all visa applicants’ documents are resubmitted to the DWTC free zone for the issuance of the visa. The original passport of the visa applicant must be submitted to the authorities for visa stamping and 5-7 business days later the Emirates ID card is ready.
The license types DWTC free zone issues include:
- Commercial Licenses (including trading businesses)
- Professional Licenses
- Event Management Licenses
- E-Commerce Licenses
- General Trading Licenses
- Branch Office
- Representative Office
The amenities available in DWTC free zone includes the Convention Centre in Dubai and this is where some of the biggest exhibitions take place including Arab Health and Gulfood, etc.
DWTC is centrally located and accessible through public and private transportation methods. Furthermore, DWTC free zone has convenient access to hotels, dining, retail amenities and it is close to the Middle East and South Asia financial hub Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) free zone.
DWTC free zone has a variety of business activities to offer new business setup. DWTC business activities are approved and granted under Dubai mainland Department of Economic Development (DED) full business activity list. All regulated business activities require approvals from the respective regulator in the country to secure a license within DWTC free zone.
DWTC issues and regulates licenses for virtual assets (including Crypto Currencies). DWTC free zone provides licenses for Single-Family Offices (SFO) and Multi-Family Offices (MFO).
The investment to renew a DWTC free zone company will vary depending on the structure, business activity, and office premises etc. Government fees for DWTC license renewal are starting from around USD $5,000 and this includes the license, company establishment card, and flexi desk space renewal within DWTC free zone. Contact Creation Business Consultants for your free DWTC free zone company license renewal consultation email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +971 4 878 6240.
DWTC free zone offers flexibility to those wanting to update its company. Regarding DWTC free zone company amendments are available and subject to approve from the authorities. From changes of company ownership and management structure, to changes of business activities of the company and redomicile of a company into DWTC free zone are offered. Contact Creation Business Consultants for your free consultation to discuss DWTC company amendment or if you are considering relocating your company to DWTC free zone email email@example.com or call +971 4 878 6240.
Should you wish to formally close your DWTC free zone company, contact Creation Business Consultants for your free consultation to discuss the company liquidation process.
For voluntary DWTC liquidation, the requirements start from:
- Resolution to dissolve the company
- Appointment of liquidator
- Appointment of auditor
- Liquidation report
- Audited financial statements
- Newspaper advertisement
- DWTC liquidation approval
UAE residency visa fee will vary depending on the applicant. The cost of residency visa application in DWTC free zone starts from:
- USD $1,500 (inside country applicant with medical test and Emirates ID)
- USD $1,000 (outside country applicant with medical test and Emirates ID)
Note additional insurance and service fees will apply to complete the full DWTC free zone visa application. Contact Creation Business Consultants for a quotation for DWTC visa processing via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +971 4 878 6240.
No, DWTC free zone company can only conduct its business activities within DWTC free zone and internationally. If you have a DWTC free zone and you wish to conduct your business within mainland Dubai and the UAE, you will require a separate license or to use a third-party provider. Contact Creation Business Consultants for your free consultation to find out how your DWTC company conduct business within Dubai mainland and UAE mainland email email@example.com or call +971 4 878 6240.
No, DWTC is a Dubai free zone authority governed by its own rules and the laws of the UAE.