JEBEL ALI FREE ZONE
Join The Award-Winning Community
Jebel Ali Free Zone commenced its operations in 1985 and today stands out as a leading business hub of the Middle East. JAFZA is the world’s only free zone located between one of the world’s largest airports and a seaport. Jebel Ali Port, is the world’s 6th largest container port on one side of the free zone and Al Maktoum International Airport, is one of the world’s largest cargo airports on the other side of the free zone. JAFZA has ready-made office units, warehouses, light industrial units and land available for lease. This Dubai free zone has flexi desks, business centers and hotels. JAFZA is home to over 7,000 companies, with over 120 of the Fortune Global 500 enterprises being present. The free zone remains attractive to both individual and corporate shareholders for trading, industrial, logistics and service companies.
Core Sectors: Generalist free zone focusing on trading, manufacturing and logistics. JAFZA is the region’s first established and second largest free zone.
- 100% foreign ownership
- Guaranteed 0% corporate tax for a period of 50 years
- 0% personal income tax
- 0 % customs duties on import and re-export
- No restrictions on currency or minimum capital investment
- Wide range of licenses available
- State of the art logistics infrastructure
- Own port facilities
- Direct connection to Al Maktoum International Airport
- High credibility with banks
- No restrictions on hiring foreign employees
- Seamless visa processing
- An entity established in JAFZA that has built its own facility may have the option of mortgaging its own premises on the leased land to any bank or financing company for any of their debts or obligations
- Trading and General Trading License – This license type facilitates import, export, distribution, storage, and sale of specific products within the UAE marketplace. A general trading license provides more flexibility for companies trading in many products, except those that are prohibited under the law.
- Professional / Services License – A services license enables investors / companies to be able to conduct services listed by the authorities and specified in the license.
- Industrial License – An industrial license is issued to a company to perform manufacturing activities. The license holder can import raw materials, manufacture, process, assemble package and export the finalized product.
- National Industrial License – Designed for manufacturing companies. The license holder will have the same status as a local inside the UAE. Such manufacturing companies are to have a minimum of 51% shareholding or ownership with AGCC (Arabian Gulf Co-operation Council) nationals/citizens.
- Warehouses (including for manufacturing purposes)
- Fitted offices or shell and core options
- Retail units
- Staff accommodation
JAFZA permits suitable structure types available for individual investors and corporate shareholders. An entity can be registered as any of the following forms:
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) – entity with one single shareholder (can be an individual or a corporate shareholder), holding 100% of the company shares.
- Free Zone Company – this type of entity has a minimum of 2 and maximum of 5 shareholders (can be an individual or a corporate shareholder).
- Branch of a Foreign Company – can register a branch in JAFZA free zone without any capital investment. The branch must register with the same activities as the parent branch company.
- Branch of a Local Company – ability to register as a branch in JAFZA free zone. No capital investment is required, and the same business activities must match the local company.
SPEAK TO OUR EXPERTS TODAY
- JEBEL ALI FREE ZONE (JAFZA)
- JEBEL ALI FREE ZONE
- 100% foreign ownership
- No paid-up capital requirement
- 4 weeks
- Tax and duty exemption
WHY CHOOSE JAFZA
Unparalleled Access To World-Class Business Services
JEBEL ALI FREEZONE (JAFZA) FAQS
The cost to set up a company in Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority company (JAFZA) will vary depending on the company structure, business activity and business facilities a company wishes to lease. The government fees for establishing a JAFZA company start at USD 16,500 which includes the company license, registration, establishment card, and flexi desk space. Contact Creation Business Consultants for your free Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority company setup consultation email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +971 4 878 6240.
JAFZA offers a range of business facilities specifically designed to meet a variety of business requirements and these include:
- Plots of land
- Retail outlets
- On-site residence
- Business Park
- Flexi desk (co-working space)
- Offices (fitted and not fitted)
Simply select the business facility type that suits your business needs.
The timeframe to set up a company in Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority is circa 7-14 business days. This includes the security/initial approval for license, proposed company name to issuance of company incorporation documents. Following on, it will take an average 2-3 business days for the establishment card to be issued. After receiving the company establishment card, the company can begin applying for a UAE resident visa under the Jebel Ali Free Zone company.
Once the JAFZA company set up is finalized, the company must apply for a company establishment card, also known as an immigration card. The establishment card permits the company to sponsor employee visas once it is issued. The number of visas a company can apply for will depend on the business facilities e.g., size of office. The initial process to obtain a residence visa under the JAFZA company is to complete the visa application and apply for the employment permit. Once the employment permit is issued, the new visa applicant can either visit the UAE (applicable to visa applicants from outside the country – UAE) or apply for a change of status (applies for visa applicants inside the country – UAE). The visa applicant’s original passport, medical test report, Emirates ID registration form along with the UAE medical insurance policy to the authorities for visa stamping, and the Emirates ID card will be ready in 5-7 business days.
The types of licenses available in Jebel Ali Free Zone are:
- Trading license
- Service license
- Industrial license
- Logistics license
- E-commerce license
Jebel Ali Free Zone has a variety of business activities to offer new companies looking to setup a free zone business. JAFZA business activities follows the Dubai Economic Department (DED) directives and inherits the DED’s list of business activities. All regulated business activities require external approvals from the respective regulator to secure a business / trade license within JAFZA free zone.
JAFZA free zone permits a company to make amendments. From changes to shareholders, directors, and general managers, change of activity, change of company name and any other amendments that the company wish to proceed are subject to JAFZA approval. Should you wish to amend your JAFZA company or transfer your company to JAFZA free zone contact Creation Business Consultants for your free consultation on email email@example.com or call +971 4 878 6240.
To liquidate a company in JAFZA it is recommended to engage the assistance of a consultant to complete the process. The process to close a JAFZA company includes but is not limited to:
- Resolution to dissolve the company
- Appointment of liquidator
- Appointment of auditor
- Liquidation report
- Audited financial statements
- Newspaper advertisement
- JAFZA Free Zone liquidation approval
Note the processes and timeframes will also vary depending on your business license and activity. To liquidate a JAFZA company contact Creation Business Consultants for your free consultation on email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +971 4 878 6240.
The charge for a UAE resident visa can vary based on the applicant and visa type. The cost of a resident visa application in the JAFZA starts from:
- USD $2,400 (inside country applicant with medical test and Emirates ID)
- USD $1,950 (outside country applicant with medical test and Emirates ID)
No, JAFZA is a free zone, located in Jebel Ali Dubai – UAE.