JEBEL ALI FREE ZONE
COMPANY SETUP COST
Join The Award-Winning Community
Jebel Ali Free Zone commenced its operations in 1985 and today stands out as a leading business hub of the Middle East. JAFZA is the world’s only free zone located between one of the world’s largest airports and a seaport. Jebel Ali Port, is the world’s 6th largest container port on one side of the free zone and Al Maktoum International Airport, is one of the world’s largest cargo airports on the other side of the free zone. JAFZA has ready-made office units, warehouses, light industrial units and land available for lease. This Dubai free zone has flexi desks, business centers and hotels. JAFZA is home to over 7,000 companies, with over 120 of the Fortune Global 500 enterprises being present. The free zone remains attractive to both individual and corporate shareholders for trading, industrial, logistics and service companies.
Core Sectors: Generalist free zone focusing on trading, manufacturing and logistics. JAFZA is the region’s first established and second largest free zone.
- 100% foreign ownership
- Guaranteed 0% corporate tax for a period of 50 years
- 0% personal income tax
- 0 % customs duties on import and re-export
- No restrictions on currency or minimum capital investment
- Wide range of licenses available
- State of the art logistics infrastructure
- Own port facilities
- Direct connection to Al Maktoum International Airport
- High credibility with banks
- No restrictions on hiring foreign employees
- Seamless visa processing
- An entity established in JAFZA that has built its own facility may have the option of mortgaging its own premises on the leased land to any bank or financing company for any of their debts or obligations
- Trading and General Trading License – This license type facilitates import, export, distribution, storage, sale of specific products within the UAE marketplace. A general trading license provides more flexibility for companies trading in many products, except those that are prohibited under the law.
- Professional / Services License – A services license enables investors / companies to be able to conduct services listed by the authorities and specified in the license.
- Industrial License – An industrial license is issued to a company to perform manufacturing activities. The license holder can import raw materials, manufacture, process, assemble package and export the finalized product.
- National Industrial License – Designed for manufacturing companies. The license holder will have the same status as a local inside the UAE. Such manufacturing companies are to have a minimum of 51% shareholding or ownership with AGCC (Arabian Gulf Co-operation Council) nationals/citizens.
- Warehouses (including for manufacturing purposes)
- Fitted offices or shell and core options
- Retail units
- Staff accommodation
JAFZA permits suitable structure types available for individual investors and corporate shareholders. An entity can be registered as any of the following forms:
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) – entity with one single shareholder (can be an individual or a corporate shareholder), holding 100% of the company shares.
- Free Zone Company – this type of entity has a minimum of 2 and maximum of 5 shareholders (can be an individual or a corporate shareholder).
- Branch of a Foreign Company – can register a branch in JAFZA free zone without any capital investment. The branch must register with the same activities as the parent branch company.
- Branch of a Local Company – ability to register as a branch in JAFZA free zone. No capital investment is required, and the same business activities must match the local company.
SPEAK TO OUR EXPERTS TODAY
- JEBEL ALI FREE ZONE (JAFZA)
- JEBEL ALI FREE ZONE
- 100% foreign ownership
- No paid-up capital requirement
- 4 weeks
- Tax and duty exemption
WHY CHOOSE JAFZA
Unparalleled Access To World-Class Business Services