Is It Time To Expand Your Australian Business To Dubai & The UAE?July 3, 2019
UAE Approves Eligibility For 100% Foreign OwnershipJuly 17, 2019
UK Companies Doing Business In The UAE
Published on July 11th, 2019.
Is it a good time to expand your UK company to Dubai? How prepared are you to take your UK firm to a new market? Is there a demand for your product and services outside if the UK?
Over the last four decades Dubai has evolved from a local business community into one of the most innovative and successful business hubs in the world.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) economy has diversified its economy away from oil. Non-oil sectors contribute 70% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP). After Saudi Arabia, the UAE is second largest economy in the region.
Currently there are 5000+ British companies operating in the UAE. Some of the household names you may recognise are:
- Rolls Royce
- Fortum and Mason
- Standard Chartered and much more.
UAE’s population is made up of expatriates and it continuously manages to attract British investors due to its lifestyle appeal and investment incentives.
REASONS FOR UK BUSINESSES EXPORTING TO THE UAE INCLUDE:
- Diverse economy that is continually growing.
- Close proximity to other Gulf markets – this acts as an entry route to other GCC countries.
- Important market for re-export into other countries.
- No taxation on personal income and capital gains.
- English is widely spoken and is the language of doing business in the UAE.
STRENGTHS OF THE UAE MARKET ARE:
- Strategic location – Dubai is known as the regional hub and commercial capital for MENA.
- UAE is the UK’s largest export market in the region.
- Large British expatriate population.
- One of the most liberal trade regimes in the Gulf attracting capital from across the region.
PULL FACTORS UK COMPANIES TO SETUP SHOP:
- UAE’s, well-established infrastructure.
- Strong banking system.
- Stable political system.
- Free zones that enable 100% foreign company ownership.
- Ongoing, new developments to prepare the country for EXPO 2020 (some projects have been given government funding).
Creation Business Consultants expertise includes sponsorship and company formation services for both UK start-ups, SME’s and multinational companies looking to expand to the UAE. We offer consultancy services to UK firm for business planning, growth strategies, routes to market, business process modelling and regulatory environment compliance.
Get in touch with us today for your free consultation. Our expert team will explore the right options for your UK business move to the UAE. Email firstname.lastname@example.org Call +971 4 878 6240 or visit our website www.creationbc.com