The role of Senior Accountant is to collaborate with the Finance Director and other team members to successfully execute various accounting tasks within Creation Business Consultants. You will oversee the company’s accounting operations and will take ownership of reporting costs, productivity, margins and expenditures for external clients and organizations.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Finance Director.
The main duties, responsibilities and outputs of the role;
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Manage and billings to external clients.
- Ensures vendors payments are in accordance with company policies.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Reconciles bank accounts, maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Coordinate month-end and year end closing activities and ability to prepare financial and cash forecasts.
- Produces payroll reports, end of service settlements in accordance with UAE labour law.
- Experience in VAT registrations and VAT filings.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Preparing financial statements.
- Assessing internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas.
- Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses.
- Assisting in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management.
- Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets schedules.
- Supervising accounting staff.
- Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions.
- Prepare balance sheets.
- Track and reconcile bank statements.
- Create cost analysis reports (fixed and variable costs).
- Support monthly payroll and keep organized records.
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed.
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation.
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits.
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Ability to form relationships with clients.
- Negotiating skills.
- Confidence and discretion.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle heavy workload effectively.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interface with personnel at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills.
- Possesses a high degree of maturity, integrity and energy levels, good judgment and listening capability.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance.
- CPA preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas.
- Experience with financial reporting requirements.
- Experience working with ZOHO Books and ZOHO CRM.
- Experience working in Professional services firm.