The role of the Marketing Assistant is to provide direct support to the Commercial Director. You will be responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the company’s social media, along with helping to identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation.
The main duties, responsibilities and outputs of the role;
- Write and edit content for different platforms such as social media, website, email marketing campaigns and press releases.
- Support the marketing team with planning, implementing, and monitoring marketing campaigns.
- Assist with the production of marketing materials and collateral.
- Help organize and coordinate marketing events such as conferences, webinars, and trade shows.
- Evaluate data and create reports on key metrics in order to monitor campaign efficiency and analyze trends.
- Learning and working with various types of software for digital marketing.
- Working closely with sales and marketing department.
- Provide administrative and project support for a variety of marketing programs.
- Developing new social media and marketing strategies.
- Analyzing client reviews and other forms of feedback.
- Implement new features to develop brand awareness – promotions/competitions.
- Conducting market research to better understand the marketing needs of the organization and its target audience.
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Administration or sales and marketing assistant experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Capable with multi-tasking in a deadline environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Understanding of basic business and marketing concepts.
- Ability to be able to identify, spot marketing trends.
- Strong writing, copy-editing and ability to write comment responses for new publications.
- Social media, social networking, email marketing and search engines.
- Experience using computers for a variety of marketing tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word).
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere) is a bonus.
- Graphic design, digital photography and video editing experience are a bonus.