The role of Finance Assistant is to collaborate with the Finance Manager and other team members to successfully execute various accounting tasks withing Creation Business Consultants. You will maintain company ledgers and daily financial transactions, create financial documents such as bills, invoices, pay-orders, payables, receivables and purchase orders, identify discrepancies in ledgers and accounts, tracking them to the source, and correcting them, manage payroll activities and release salaries, coordinate and manage payment and billing details of external clients, contractors, and vendors, verify payments and deposits made through the company account and coordinate with the bank and team when funds are received and create daily reports for management and team members. The Finance Assistant will report to the Finance Director.
The main duties, responsibilities and outputs of the role;
- To compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- To ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- To ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- To prepare financial management reports.
- To ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- To establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions.
- Prepare balance sheets.
- Track and reconcile bank statements.
- Create cost analysis reports (fixed and variable costs).
- Support monthly payroll and keep organized records.
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed.
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation.
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits.
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Ability to form relationships with clients.
- Negotiating skills.
- Confidence and discretion.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle heavy workload effectively.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interface with personnel at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills.
- Possesses a high degree of maturity, integrity and energy levels, good judgment and listening capability.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 1 year work experience in a finance position.
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions).
- Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks).
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors.
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.